Major responsibilities :
- According to Master Plan, planning, Design, Implementation & Monitoring of various Water Supply Schemes in its area.
- Execution and administration of various water supply projects like- set-up of new sources of water, development of new waterworks / water distribution stations, increasing capacity of existing water treatment plants / Intake wells / underground tanks, Construction of overhead tanks, design, procurement & laying of transmission pipelines and distribution pipelines, procurement & installation of valves etc. is carried out by floating public tenders & appointing capable contractors as approved by the competent sanctioning authority of Municipal Corporation.
- Issuance of new licenses & renewal of existing licenses for plumbers.
- Supply of water tankers in the deficient area and where any complaints are received about quality/quantity of water supplied through pipeline.
- Maintenance of all the water works, water treatment plants water distribution stations, valves, transmission pipelines and distribution pipelines is done either departmentally or by appointing private participants.
Sanitation & Cleaning
- Sanitation is an important aspect of any city/town for maintenance of proper public health in the city/town. Therefore, Nagar Pachayat is
also responsible for maintaining proper cleaning and sanitation in its municipal area by continually removing and dumping any kind of solid waste that
is generated within its municipal area. For this purpose, Nagar Pachayat is involved in sweeping streets, in collecting solid waste from households
and collection points and in transporting all these waste collected to the dumping yard. Certainly, Nagar Pachayat is responsible for maintenance
of cleaned and sanitized environment to all citizens of its municipal area ensuring prevention of diseases and epidemics.
- Development of town is an important responsibility that is carried out by Nagar Panchayat for its defined area. It includes:
- Granting development permission of high rise commercial buildings and layouts.
- Supervision of high-rise and commercial buildings.
- Granting permission of hoardings on private premises.
- Carrying out Registration process of Architects / Engineers/Structural designers etc.as per D.C.R.
- Granting permission for establishment of temporary structures for exhibitions fairs etc.
- Granting permission for establishment of Tele Communication towers.
Records of Births and Deaths
Solid Waste Management
Issuing Trade License
Street Light Department
Road Construction etc